Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day...

Mother's Day...

I've always thought the best part of Mother's Day is getting the homemade gifts from children. AJ has made me any number of glazed pinch pots, popsicle stick boxes, and drawings. I cherish each and every one of them. Today, I got not only a wonderful one-of-a-kind AJ drawing permanently imprinted on a dishwasher safe decorative plate, but I also got a handmade card with the most incredible sentiments. I quote the card verbatim below:

My mom

My mom has tan hair and tan skin. She makes me skrambled eggs and bacon on mother Days. She takes care of me when I am sick. She is beautiful. She helps me when i am hurt she puts a bandad on my leg. She has a beautiful hart. She makes me laugh by ticking me. She is the best mom in the world.

It isn't the handmade stuff that makes Mother's Day so great, it is the heartmade stuff from my seven year old that makes everyday a joy and today even more precious.

No comments: